The best morning routine
Ugh... just a few more minutes. Sound familiar?
How about you add in your heart pounding or that startled feeling that overpowers you. Yep, we’ve all been there… a great night sleep ruined by the piercing sound of that morning alarm.
The problem is hitting that snooze button… once… twice… even three times. Suddenly, you’re late for work and are scrambling to get out of the house. No one likes that feeling but what if we shared some tips on creating a morning routine that will keep you feeling fresh and more importantly, looking good. The best part is, it’s easy to remember and you’ll have fun doing it.
We want to make your grooming experience the best it can possibly be. We’re all about tradition, quality, natural, locally made products and of course – there’s no B-S. We’re here to make your life easier.
For those of you who like that nice smooth face, this is your morning routine.
- Hot Shower: It’s a great way to wake up. It’ll help loosen your muscles – and open up those pores in your skin.
- Pre-Shave: Use your favourite Like Grandpa Pre-Shave Oil (Cedar, Eucalyptus, Lime). All you have to do is put a small amount in the palm of your hand, and gently massage it into your face. It’ll help give you a smooth, irritation free shave.
- Cream or Soap: Most people use shaving cream and others use soap. No matter your preference, lather up and get that face ready for an awesome shave.
- Shave: You know the drill, pull out your safety razor or straight razor and get your face looking exactly the way you want it.
- Aftershave Balm: You’re almost done. Once you’re done with the shave, it’s time to reward yourself with your favourite Like Grandpa Aftershave Balm (Sandalwood, Tea Tree). This provides you with a smooth, moisturized face that will leave you feeling nice and fresh all day long. See? That wasn’t so hard at all!
*Quick Tip: Try and exfoliate your face three times a week for optimal results*
It may seem like a ton of steps but you will be thanking us for your new morning routine. From the moment you step into that hot shower, your body will start to relax as it knows a rewarding shave is on the horizon – a shave that will take you back in time to the good old days. You know what we’re talking about – when your father or grandfather stood in front of that mirror and ever so carefully – guided their razor – letting it glide over their face for the perfect shave. Our daily routines and increased work schedules have robbed us of that feeling – so it’s time to take back what’s ours… a few minutes every morning where we put ourselves first with a well-deserved pampering.
Rocking a sweet moustache or epic beard? Add a couple of steps to your morning routine.
- Hot Shower: Make sure you give your beard or moustache a good wash in the shower.
- Towel Dry: Sounds simple but too often guys will forget to dry off their facial hair. That’s key to keeping it looking great and feeling fresh.
- Oil or Balm: We have quite a few options when it comes to Beard Oil, Beard Balms and Moustache Wax. They all do the same: tame and soften those whiskers, and most importantly, takes care of the skin under your facial hair.
- Comb / Style: Of course, don’t forget to comb or style your facial hair just the way you like it.
Quick and easy tips to help inspire you to bypass the snooze button and jump out of bed to get a head start on the day.
Check out some of our great, locally produced and all-natural products online at Like Grandpa (there’s also a list of what stores our products are available) or visit us in person at the Old Strathcona Farmers Market every Saturday from 8am – 3pm.